7-String Guitar




I learned to play Guitar when I was 14 years old. To tell you honestly, I never played and sung some songs using songhits or song book with chord chart on it. I learned from looking to others how they play and through some friends. I just memorized the 7 chords (C,D,E,F,G,A & B) and how the pattern looks like and what fingers will I press the key in every fret. It take some time to familiar these chords until I played songs using 2-chords, then 3-chords, 4-chords, 5-chords, etc.etc.

The principle is you know how the song goes. The INTRO-VERSE-CHORUS-VERSE-CHORUS-OUTRO was the most popular. Then there are songs with freestyle and changed the arrangements and have different notes for their Choruses. The issue here is not what you play for type of songs you want. Its the timing and you finish the song successfully. Forget about death,heavy metal, hip-hop, etc, any kind of song will do. Most of the songs I played first were from Cobain's band because it's very basic then I managed to switch to others even ballads and classical as I improve my playing.

7-String Guitar is not yet familiar and only used by few musicians. I'm interested to use this even I have not own yet, only the standard guitar. The benefit is you can play songs lower than D note which will not require to tune down your string (they called it Drop D Tuning). I concentrated to play bass before from other people playing somewhere, but this 7-string guitar is quite good. I hope to get an acoustic one first rather than the electric one, so I can use it anywhere and anytime.

No comments: